PDA Tucson Economic and Social Justice IOT
December 10, 2011 Rincon Market 10 AM – noon
1.2 Agenda Modifications
1.3 Minutes from November
1.4 Announcements from the Steering Committee
1.4.1 Workshop for Jan. 14, 2012
1.4.2 Other Items will be interspersed where appropriate
2.0 Reactions and Follow-Up to Nov. 10th Program
2.2 Request from Steering Committee to work directly with Local First Arizona
2.3 Should we promote an economic program?
1. innovation grants as Pam outlined
2. some quick professional formations in eCommerce, microenterprises, etc.
3. the creation of computer shacks using discarded equipment in many disadvantaged neighborhoods
4. a progressive rent ordinance where a rent is decreased periodically if a property is not occupied--Say it decreases 15% after 3 months, 35 % after 6.
5. a model for converting the economy (cf. the Ros Boxer materials)
6. setting up a series of workshops/studios where technical people, graphic designers, service providers, accountants, business coaches, start-ups work together in the same venue and where they are required to help one another as well as to build their businesses
7. whatever else we can think up.
2.3.2 A package or just one point at a time?
2.4 Cooperation with: Center for Economic Integrity
Their website is at: www.economicintegrity.org
3.0 Public Banking in Arizona
3.1 Check out the Public Banking Institute at http://publicbankinginstitute.org/
(You can join their listserv.)
3.2 Report on Meeting with Rep. John Fillmore Jim Hannley
3.3 Report on Conversation with Marc Armstrong, Executive Director, PBI
Next Meeting: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 10 – noon, Revolutionary Grounds, 606 N. Fourth Ave.